SAIC is seeking a Senior UI/UX Developer to join the Soldier
For Life-Transition Assistance Program team at the U.S. Army Human Resources
Command. The developer will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading
legacy applications into new Java based web applications in an enterprise
for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions
for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the TAP XXI system.
- Minimum of 5
years of proven UI design experience at an enterprise level environment.
- Experience in
front end web development, designing, developing, and implementing enterprise
client facing web-based applications.
- A firm
understanding of responsive design and usability using current UI architectures
such as Bootstrap, Angular or similar technologies.
- Expert knowledge
of typography and layout principles.
- Proficiency in
Photoshop and Illustrator; Balsamiq, Zeplin, inVision, Axure and wire-framing
or similar design tools.
- Strong portfolio
that illustrates abductive reasoning and problem-solving skills as well as an
exceptional eye for detail in final products and interactive design.
- Excellent visual
design skills with solid understanding of human factors and its implications to
- Experience in
data visualization is a big plus.
- Demonstrated mastery
of user-centered design principles and cross-platform, multi-channel
development processes (responsive design).
- Have worked in an
- Solid expertise
in creating wireframes (low and high-fidelity) storyboards, journey maps, user
personas, process diagrams and site maps.
- Strong time
management skills and the ability to be self-directed as needed.
- Strong written
and verbal communication skills, able to present a thought-out rationale for
gathering user feedback.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. 4 years of additional experience in Computer Science or a related field will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of software development experience developing PL/SQL stored procedures in enterprise level environments.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with current RDBMS such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or similar databases environments.
- Experience using version control tools such as Subversion or Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience with software development processes.
- Experience supporting Java web application backend stored procedures or similar experience.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract.
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified.
- Must obtain as a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate, with the first 90 days of employment.
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program.
- Experience with Java
web applications and frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and
- 10+ years Java
such as Angular.
- Knowledge of SOA
to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
- Experience using Eclipse,
IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
- Oracle Certified
Associate Java 1.8 or Oracle Certified Professional Java 1.8 or other Oracle
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability