SAIC is seeking a cybersecurity engineer to join our team of diverse GPS Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) team. The GPS SE&I team provides specialized engineering, analysis, operations support, and subject matter expertise to the Global Positioning System and other Position, Navigation and Timing customers. The team also provides systems engineering and analysis services to include cybersecurity engineering, system development, enterprise and system architecture, acquisition, testing, operations, and sustainment support for existing and new capabilities. Team members provide an enterprise perspective for identification and review of risks and risk mitigation plans and work to institutionalize systems engineering best practices across the GPS Enterprise.
- Applying a combination of systems engineering and knowledge of cybersecurity solutions to design, develop and/or implement cybersecurity solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum cyberspace operations.
- Defining cybersecurity requirements, assessing system security architecture designs, and supporting the development and sustainment programs from concept development and contract pre-acquisition through contractor design and operational approval.
- Supporting cybersecurity activities for space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements of the GPS Enterprise by identifying security-related engineering risks, issues, and interdependencies between system elements, contracts and stakeholders.
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the Government decision-makers.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of U.S. Space Force.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Cybersecurity with 2+ years of related experience
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Strong understanding of fundamental requirements development and systems engineering processes
- Knowledge of the system development lifecycle, project integration, schedule analysis, risk management and stakeholder processes
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents
Strong familiarity with systems engineer and/or cybersecurity engineering principles identified in ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288.01, Standard for Application of Systems Engineering on Defense Programs, NIST Special Publication 800-160, Systems Security Engineering and/or DoDI 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology
•Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems (especially at SMC
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability