The customer has a need for program management services to oversee a variety of IT projects that are critical to maintaining vital records of the Federal government. This vibrant and fast paced environment includes projects that vary in size, lifecycle methodology (agile/scrum, waterfall and hybrid) and current stage in the lifecycle. The successful program manager will manage one or more complex projects through to post-implementation support.
The program manager is responsible for the efficient integration of technical and programmatic support functions, the successful implementation of governance process improvements, and delivering outcomes that result in the government achieving their strategic objectives.
The program manager will:
- Manage and integrate activities in accordance with contract requirements
- Ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance
- Define or contribute to the program baseline, then execute the program to comply with baseline requirements.
- Manage risk and customer relationships.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and escalate challenges to leadership.
- Support business development and program staff management.
- Oversee day-to-day financial analysis of area operations.
- Implement procedures for the efficient integration of technical and programmatic support functions, the successful implementation of governance process improvements, and delivering outcomes that result in the government achieving their strategic objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain a project schedule for each assigned project which lists all tasks/milestones required for successful delivery of the project within a timescale to allow transparency for current activities and preparation for future activities.
- Develop and implement a formalized Communication Management Plan to define how and when project communications will take place for all audiences impacted by the project.
- Plan and execute actions by the program/project team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for project/program products and services.
- Direct project team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as principal customer interface.
- Organize, direct, and manage contract operation support functions involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks.
- Maintain and manage the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
- Meet with customer and Contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items.
- Implement risk procedures to identify, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure conformance with program task schedule and costs.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Engage project stakeholders to communicate project status and discuss issues and concerns.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders formally in scheduled reports and reviews and informally as needed to ensure understanding throughout the stakeholder community.
- Bachelor’s degree and fifteen (15) years of experience.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years hands-on Information Technology project management experience overseeing projects that follow a traditional waterfall life cycle and/or agile life cycle approach.
- Active PMP certification.
- Prior experience working in a matrix environment.
- Experience managing multiple task orders under contract.
- Experience working with multiple subcontractors.
- Intermediate to expert level of experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Visio.
- Experience managing DevOps, Agile projects.
- Strong oral (speak fluent English) and written skills and experience interacting and presenting to senior leaders, contract officers etc. within an organization.
- Strong skills in the following key areas including strategic thinking, multi-tasking, negotiation, conflict management, time management, planning and executing to a defined schedule/budget.
- Seven (7) years prior hands-on experience creating IT project schedules in Microsoft Project.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.