Sr. Instructional Systems Designer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 202617
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 6, 2020
Subcategory: Instr Sys Design
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Duties/Responsibilities: SAIC is hiring a Sr. Instructional Systems Designer in Huntsville, AL. Candidate will be responsible for the analysis, design, and
development of Interactive Multimedia Instruction and Serious Games with levels
of interactivity ranging from Levels 2-4 in accordance with the Army Virtual
Learning Environment. You will interact with team
members, customers, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to transform existing
platform training into engaging interactive training products for blended
learning and individual study.
training needs and developing solutions to address them
consultation and recommendations to customers on innovative training solutions
as well as on effective and relevant curriculum development
asynchronous and synchronous instruction designed for a distributed immersive learning
with instructors, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and multimedia developers to
analyze, design, develop, and evaluate distributed learning solutions
storyboards, scripts, scenario-based instruction, and other advanced learning
strategies to meet the needs of learners
expertise in the creation of processes, and implementation of distributed learning
the actual detailed development of course materials or courseware, as well as product
testing, and maintenance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field and 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Will also consider HS and 10 years of experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Knowledge and understanding of Bloom’s Taxonomy
collecting, compiling, analyzing and synthesizing learner/customer feedback
- Ability to work with a team or individually without close
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office software applications
- Experience with curriculum design/development and learning
- Ability to demonstrate an application of cognitive science and
human factors that apply to the design of virtual training
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems that
require ingenuity and innovation.
- Experience developing game-based educational or training products
- Experience with leveraging new technologies or approaches to increase learner engagement
- Experience developing training products for blended learning strategies
- Ability to increase learner engagement through the creation of appropriate interactions, activities, and exercises
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC)
- Experience utilizing ADDIE and/or SAM models
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability