is seeking a Flight Operations - Sr. Ground System Engineer on the OMES
II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS)
program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position has an
emphasis on ground system engineering and test services during the
continued implementation of upgrades to the Command, Control &
Communications (C3S) segment to support the launch of JPSS-2 and future
mission capabilities. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and
Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) nextgeneration operational Earth
observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental
data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program
plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict
changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space
environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and
- Support the Mission Operations Support Team (MOST) in development of ground/spacecraft pre-launch processes and procedures.
- Develop test procedures and test execution for system level, end-to-end tests with the ground system.
Support mission readiness activities including mission rehearsals,
mission timeline development, and post launch test development.
- Support launch, including shift work, for instrument and spacecraft LEO&A activities.
- Develop and decompose requirements
- Oversee MOST testing of ground system design - Interface with the Ground Project to provide feedback on ground system issues
- Participate in Verification and validation activities including:
- Writing Test Procedures - Mapping Requirements to procedures
- Monitoring tests for verification of requirements
- Must be able to pass Government background investigation
- Ground system development and operations engineering experience
- Direct, relevant experience and familiarization with NASA/NOAA system architecture and organizational structures
- Experience with Raytheon CGS
- Experience with prelaunch campaigns and launch and early orbit operations
- MS Office skills
- Experience with Spacecraft Operations
- Flight system engineering information management
- Strong ability to lead and interact with distributed team members and diff
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability