This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 202633
Location: AURORA, CO, United States
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a new opportunity for a Systems
Engineer in Aurora, CO to work within the Intelligence Community on complex
projects crucial to our national security objectives. Qualified candidates must
possess a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph. Key duties/responsibilities include,
but are not limited to:
- Systems Engineer shall be well informed on and apply modern best practices of a system's life-cycle (e.g. requirements, engineering designs, documentation, usability, integration, test, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting, decommissioning, etc.)
-Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis.
- Ensure that all appropriate technical and operational disciplines are applied to the project development process in the applicable phases.
- Ensures authorized system engineering tasks will satisfy the control gate requirements of each phase.
- Evaluation of Emerging Technology, conduct and deliver assessments, reports and briefings on emerging commercial technologies.
-Develop and deliver plans, assessments, reports, and briefings to the Government in support of their forums and industry visits for further analysis of emerging technologies.
-Document and deliver results including related empirical data, engineering judgment, and assessment of alternatives for each task in formal reports and/or briefings.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
-Provide specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet customer needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Identify and communicate system engineering risks, issues, assumptions, mitigations, and dependencies.
- Support the coordination of project
activities with Sponsor stakeholders in preparation of product deployment.
- Support the development and execution of strategies and plans for system validation, verification, and integration activities.
- Support customer independent assessments during the project acceptance events (i.e. factory acceptance test/reviews).
- Review hardware and software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, completeness, and appropriate risk management.
- Provide technical support during hardware and software installation or configuration to include end user training as needed.- The Contractor shall collaborate with stakeholders to identify and seek to resolve systems engineering gaps, especially as it concerns end-to-end product compatibility.
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Required: TS/SCI with Poly
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of related systems engineering experience
- Knowledgeable about the intelligence community agencies.
- Following Attributes/Experience:
- Analyzing Information
- Critical thinking
- Problem Solving
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability