SAIC is hiring a Logistics Manager to work in Sterling Heights, MI !
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content.
- Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
- Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence. Often heads one or more departments. N/A
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect departments and subordinate sections and work units.
- Interprets company-wide policies and procedures.
- May involved in development of budgets, schedules and performance standards.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Assignments are objective oriented.
- Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and timelines.
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes and outcomes. Erroneous decisions result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure of additional time, workforce, and funds; and jeopardize future business activity.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications.
- Leads briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience.
- Experience in military combat vehicle product support.
- Logistics product development for major military vehicle programs
- Must have a current/active secret clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability