SAIC’s Information Technology Office (ITO) is
seeking a highly effective people,
process, technology and a Cloud Enterprise Architect part of the Enterprise
Architecture & Cloud Strategies (EA&CS) team to architect the
enterprise for public, private and hybrid cloud delivery. This person is will
be instrumental in SAIC’s overall cloud strategy and services. This position is
a key contributor role and will report directly to the Director of Enterprise
Architecture & Cloud Strategies. As part of the EA&CS team, you will be
leading working with other architects in the Future State Architecture (FSA)
definition and implementation across our business technology portfolios. Cloud
Enterprise Architect drives EA&CS core mission enabling our business
processes with new and innovative ways, achieving SAIC’s Information Technology
Office strategic objectives including Modernizing Technology, Business, Data,
Application and Technology architecture and delivery services / value to our
business through translating business requirements into specific systems,
application or process designs for complex IT solutions. This person should be
a respected leader who works well with others, has enough charisma to influence
and guide other in challenging situation and is motivated by long-term results
while addressing short-term needs.
individual will provide enterprise architecture expertise to translate and
enterprise strategy into future enterprise architecture and transition plan
(i.e. roadmap) to achieve the future state.
- They will provide strategic and
technical knowledge for enterprise cloud architecture to address the challenges of providing innovative and transformative public
and hybrid cloud solutions supporting SAIC’s work for the DoD and Federal
enterprise architecture expertise to translate an enterprises strategy into a
future enterprise architecture and a transition plan (i.e. roadmap) to achieve
that future state.
- Uses multi-disciplinary techniques, for example business
process decomposition and redesign, information engineering, organizational
redesign, change management, IT strategy and architecture, and performance
measurement, to assist in enterprise business transformation and EA
- Interacts at a variety of points within the enterprises
governance process to assist in implementation of the transition plan, to
include organizational strategy development, capital planning and investment
control, portfolio and project management, systems development, and operations.
- Conducts EA reviews and analyses of architectures to ensure
compliance with EA policy.
- Provides oversight for the development and
maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures to ensure EA
policy compliance or to improve the EA.
- Coordinates and collaborates with
subject matter expert and other architects to reflect reengineered business
processes into the EA.
- Defines, develops, and provides expertise and guidance
on EA processes, policies, roles and responsibilities.
- They will also provide EA leadership in our Cloud Center of
Excellence (CCoE) team working with executive teams on cross-team
collaboration, next steps, sponsorship of the Cloud CoE for our Cloud and
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree (14) years or more experience or Master’s and (12) years or more of related experience. Working knowledge of Systems Engineering.
- Enterprise Architecture certifications.
- AWS or Azure certifications.
- Cloud Models and Frameworks.
- ITIL Certification.
- Solid leadership, change management and communication experience
- Work with rest of the members of the Enterprise Infrastructure team to help define and make recommendations on activities related to the design, development and maintenance of infrastructure strategies, processes, methodologies and models.
- Migrate on-premises infrastructure to Azure and or AWS cloud.
- Experience with Azure, AWS or VMWare enterprise implementations
- Knowledge in area of cloud architectures, Enterprise Architecture frameworks and approaches and integration technology
- Effective business and financial acumen
- Strategic / analytical thinking and creative ability
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establish rapport persuades others and gains understanding across all area and levels of the organization.
- Negotiation and strategic problem solving skills
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- Knowledge in areas of IT
Strategy, Enterprise/Digital Architecture, Business Analysis, Solutions
Architecture or Technical Program Management.
- Knowledge in at least
one EA area: business architecture, information architecture, software
architecture, solution architecture, infrastructure architecture.
- Knowledge and
understanding of technology trends and concepts through work experience
and interest in the latest innovation and thought leadership (e.g., Agile/
Scrum, Cloud Platform Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP), DevOps, Digital
Enterprise, Mobile Platforms, Data Analytics).
- Experience on tools such
as Troux, ARIS, Sparx Enterprise Architect and Apptio.
- Enterprise Architecture
Frameworks (e.g, ToGAF, DoDAF).
- Agile software
development lifecycle experience.
- Working knowledge of cloud management
- Familiarity with service design and
pricing in the context of cloud-based solutions.
- Proven ability to quickly build collaborative working
relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability