Job ID: 202507
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2020
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking an Acquisition Specialist/Program Management Expert to provide acquisition support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Space Superiority Systems Directorate (SMC/SY). SMC/SY equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space- superiority capabilities of the highest national priority. The position requires a candidate with in-depth experience with DoD program acquisition processes and documentation required for rapid prototyping (Middle-Tier Acquisitions - FY16 National Defense Authorization Act Section 804) acquisition planning and execution. The candidate will interact and coordinate daily with numerous stakeholders (Program Managers, Contracting Officers, and external organizations). The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide expert advice to the Program/Project Manager and Senior Air Force Leadership regarding acquisition strategies, contracting, budgeting and execution.
• Develop/coordinate acquisition planning briefings and documents (e.g., ESIS, ASP, ASD, J&A, etc.).
• Develop/coordinate solicitation planning and execution documents (e.g., RFP, SOW, CDRLs, Incentive Plans, etc.), etc.).
• Develop/coordinate overarching program planning and execution documents as prescribed by/tailored from DoDI 5000.02, and relevant DoD, AF, and SMC policies that pertain to rapid prototyping.
• Draft technical evaluations.
• Provide technical and programmatic assessments of contractor design / milestone reviews to assess progress, risks and issues, and the ability to achieve mission requirements.
• BS/BA Degree- Business or Engineering.
• 10+ years of experience in acquisition and program management within the Air Force community.
• Experience with rapid capability prototyping and/or fielding.
• Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the government program office.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Active TS/SCI clearance or in-scope SSBI and with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
• System Engineering experience.
• PMI PMP Certification
• Space control mission area experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability