Job ID: 202419
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 5, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced Acquisition Professional to join the National Security Customer Group in Chantilly, VA. NSCG provides specialized acquisition, engineering, analysis, and operations support to a variety of U.S. Government (USG) customers.
We support the development of next generation national security-related systems, and have an opening for an Acquisition SME to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services to a USG Research and Development (R&D) customer, to enable acquisition improvements for execution of critical research and development. The customer is developing the generation after next spacecraft architectures, hardware, and software solutions. This SME will engage with customer senior management and technical SMEs to enable effective acquisition support for R&D program success. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Trusted Acquisition Advisor to Government and Program staff.
· Provide contracting expertise across the acquisition lifecycle, from BAAs to competitive procurements; from pre-acquisition and solicitation/evaluation, to post-award execution.
· Direct support to Senior Contracting Officer and engagement across senior leadership on assigned actions or initiatives.
· Assess current processes and acquisitions, as required, and develop recommendations for improvement in terms of artifact quality, procurement timeline, acquisition responsiveness and/or flexibility to dynamic R&D priorities.
· Develop and help implement approved solutions including processes, artifacts, work alignment, briefings, and governance engagement.
· Assess, develop and deliver acquisition training, as needed, for Government and contractor workforce.
· Provide support to acquisitions, source selection and programmatic processes, as needed.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability