SAIC is seeking a SharePoint Developer to provide support on-site in the Mark Center designing and implementing technologies to promote knowledge management and collaboration. The engineer will develop storage platforms, indexing strategies and user interfaces for knowledge assets as needed. The engineer will draw out, capture and categorize business information by communications with stakeholders, and implement workflows and processes to manage information using knowledge management platforms. In particular –
· The candidate will work as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE) Information Management and Analysis Group (IMAG).
· The candidate will also use in-depth understanding of SharePoint, including Windows Workflow Foundation, InfoPath, and Form services, and MS Rights Management to solve technical and business problems.
· SAIC is looking for an individual who has superior analytic, research, and technical skills and who is poised, articulate, and comfortable working with senior government officials.
· This position requires the ability to utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint and .NET applications, in order to track strategic actions and fora.
· Candidate duties also include soliciting input from users for upgrades and additional functionality of the tools offered and researching the availability of new tools to assist in better meeting user needs.
Required Educational Background:
Master's degree (MS), or equivalent experience, in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field, and at least eight (8) years of experience (five (5) at least relevant).
· Can have a BS and 10 yrs, Associates and 12 yrs, GED and 14 years.
· This position requires 5 years or more relevant experience including 3-5 years experience with SharePoint development, preferably with the Department of Defense.
· Extensive background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including MS SharePoint and SharePoint Designer is required. Applicants should have experience with SharePoint 2010, 2013, and 2016.
· Fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult technical concepts in simple terms.
· Requires demonstrated experience in SharePoint Designer with responsibility for evaluating, designing, and developing application software.
· Requires demonstrated experience developing, analyzing, and re-engineering business processes and standard operating procedures.
· Requires in-depth understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
· Requires demonstrated experience in implementing workflows and processes to manage information using collaboration and knowledge management platforms.
· Experience in MS Office applications and online research tools.
· Candidates must have experience directly engaging with users of knowledge management tools to solicit input and troubleshoot issues.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
· Candidates must be committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
· Experience with MS Rights Management.
· Knowledge in out-of-the box and custom SharePoint development to cater large volume of documents and activities.
· Experience creating and managing Web Applications, creating and migrating Site Collections, Managed Metadata, Site Columns, Content Types, custom Security driven lists/libraries.
· SharePoint certification(s) a plus.
· Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
· Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
· Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability