This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 202215
Location: MONTEREY, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Schedule: Casual (includes On Call and Temporary)
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION: Title: NAVGEM2 (Navy Global Environmental Model) updates for operational transition
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Education
· Shall have at a minimum a M.S. degree in Meteorology, Oceanography, Physical Science, or in a related Mathematics and Engineering fields.
· Shall have at a minimum 10 years of demonstrated global/mesoscale numerical weather prediction (NWP), data assimilation (DA) or METOC application/climatology/port study (MAP) focus area experience. Must act as the primary point-of-contact for the development of operational global and/or mesoscale NWP systems including ensemble weather prediction systems and scripting for the management of operational job submission and data processing tasks, including error handling; provide recommendations for resolution of research issues related to global and/or mesoscale problems; must have demonstrable LINUX High Performance Computing (HPC) skill and adaptation of solutions for the operational environment.
· Must have demonstrable experience working as a project team member.
· Demonstrated experience publishing peer-reviewed scientific literature, software documentation, or Navy guides and/or handbooks.
· Experience in support of Government research is a must.
Demonstrated experience in meeting Navy METOC operational requirements.
· 3-5 years of experience developing, testing, and transitioning Navy operational NWP software systems.
· 3-5 years of experience publishing peer-reviewed scientific literature, and software documentation.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability