Job ID: 202323
Location: STERLING HEIGHTS, MI, United States
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Modeling/Sim Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
SAIC is hiring a Modeling and Simulation Solutions Architect to join our team in Sterling Heights, Michigan !
The principal activity will be to develop and conduct vehicle dynamics modeling, simulation, and analysis of systems and sub systems for current and next generation commercial and military ground vehicles. Vehicle dynamics modeling tasks will consist of development of virtual models to represent designs or existing vehicles, simulation setup, simulation conduct, analysis of results, and to support adjustment and validation of the models through proving ground test. Vehicle systems requiring modeling and simulation include: chassis, suspension, steering, power train, brakes, C5ISR, communications, and mission payload. You will be involved in the development and analysis of components, systems, and/or complete vehicles. Projects include modifications and improvements to existing vehicles, as well as development and evaluation (virtual and real world) of complete vehicle prototypes.
1. Closely work with senior US Government engineers and vehicle product developers to scope modeling and simulation architecture to include cloud based computing, physical integration labs, and virtualization.
2. Development of virtual vehicle and subsystem models
3. Setup virtual vehicle test runs
4. Simulation conduct
5. Analysis and presentation of results
6. Report development and review.
7. Task management and status briefings.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience combined with college degree in associated field.
2. Twelve(12)+ years of related experience.
3. Strong interpersonal skills.
4. Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
5. Strong organizational and time management skills.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills to support field reports/briefings.
7. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
1. Master's degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
2. Knowledge of automotive fundamentals and vehicle systems
3. Experience with Pro/ENGINEER or similar modeling software packages
4. Experience with 3D scanning tools and software for generating point clouds, surface models, and parametric CAD geometry.
5. Experience with ADAMS, DADS, or similar dynamic analysis software packages
6. Experience with Nastran or similar general purpose FEA software packages
7. Familiar with Dytran, LS-DYNA, or similar software packages for analyzing complex nonlinear behavior
8. Experience with Matlab and Simulink
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability