SAIC, in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) – Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) - Office of Transforming All-Source Analysis with Location-Based Object Services (TALOS), will deliver enterprise ITSM/ITIL processes; Server & Storage Management; Desk Side support; Asset Management; Configuration Management; Event Monitoring (EOC) for TALOS. These services will include design, engineering, and implementations for the entire DIA TALOS global enterprise. SAIC is looking for a DIA TALOS team experienced and proven in terms of technology and IT modernization in the US Government Enterprise space.
We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented individual to lead as a Chief Technologists that can discuss, design, plan, and implement an array of solutions with the Engineering Teams for a Federal Government client. The successful candidate will responsible for the engineering and integration of solutions for the entire stack of services enterprise wide. Over the contract’s period of performance, this technologist would be expected to evolve from a traditional multi-site on premise capability to one that is highly geographically and virtually distributed, utilizing a combination of on premise, commercial, and cloud-based capabilities.
The candidate will support development of the strategic architecture, implementation plans, engineering in support of the day–to-day operations, and a wide variety of engineering projects focused on the evolution of the data center. The Chief Engineer will provide thought leadership, and technical guidance to manage, and support this enterprise-wide technology infrastructure systems engineering, and integration activities including a wide variety of technologies, including but not limited to: IT Systems Management services, Systems and Messaging, Data Engineering, Storage Services, Database Services, General Servers and Virtualization, Mainframes and Cloud Hosting Services, Middleware, Security Infrastructure, Tools, and Project Management, O&M support, Desk side services, etc. The Chief Engineer will oversee and guide a team of engineers with expertise in each of these areas, and provide cross-discipline architectural and technical guidance for solutions developed and guide the teams in conducting planning and execution of IT Service enhancements to promote alignment with the mission and business, supportability, and integration quality, with a focus on security and operational readiness.
- Manage and integrate activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
- Define or contribute to the program baseline then execute the program to comply with baseline requirements.
- Manage risk, customer relationships, and program staffing.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Develops program performance measures, and monitors and evaluates program performance throughout the life cycle to include subcontractors.
- Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks.
- Manages teams of contract support personnel at multiple locations.
- Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
- Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items.
- Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs.
- Establishes and maintains technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers.
- Ensures successful transition from current contractor and is responsible for all work products and deliverables.
- Responsible for coordinating Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for work that optimize savings and performance for USCIS.
- Monitors performance of team and subcontractors against programmatic requirements.
- Oversees contract administration activities and ensures compliance with contract, public law, regulations, Executive Orders, agency policies, etc. Ensures innovation of entire program.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree from an accredited institution in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical discipline.
- Ability to obtain clearance with eligibility for a Top Secret clearance required. Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information and facilities.
- 8+ years of related, progressively responsible experience leading IT engineering, integration, and/or operations activities in a distributed environment.
- 4+ years’ experience at the supervisory level, leading one or more IT Service organizations with complex networking and data center responsibility for business / mission critical services.
- Demonstrated experience advising senior leadership on technical issues, with proven ability to communicate technical issues effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Basic certifications in one or more of the following: DevSecOps, ITIL, COBIT, security, systems management, or related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in infrastructure design and engineering; up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging network and infrastructure technologies;
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials
- Must have excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical and written/oral reporting and presentation skills.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience with the management and supervision of a significant number of Tier 2 and Tier 3 engineers of various labor categories and skills in large scale projects
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline
- Intermediate or advanced certifications in one or more of the following: ITIL, COBIT, networking, security, systems management, or related discipline.
- Technical Certifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Strong working knowledge of IT Service Management processes such as ITIL and Project Management methodologies such as PMBOK (including earned value)
- Solid understanding of civilian government standards for security (such as FISMA, NIST, and TIC), contracting, acquisitions, OCI, and onsite contract execution
- Current knowledge of emerging technologies including but not limited to cloud computing, virtualization, on-demand computing, scalable technologies and service-oriented architecture.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability