SAIC Software Service Line is looking for a Software Tester to work with our Army Software Engineering Customer on the Electronic Data Manager (EDM) program in Huntsville, AL.
EDM is a lightweight, portable, tablet type device that was designed and developed to provide the United States Army pilot with a means to receive Situational Awareness data. The Software Test engineer will provide software test support for a performing Technical Performance Measures, Acceptance Testing, Formal Qualification Testing, Information Assurance Testing, etc. This position will include software integration and troubleshooting, a basic knowledge of networks, as well as cross training.
- The candidate must be able to execute test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Be able to write test cases and scripts and identify data for test scenarios.
- Perform verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Document and communicate test results.
- Support analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
- Document and work to resolve all complex problems.
- Report progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devise improvements to current procedures and develop models of possible future configurations.
- Occasionally perform other Information Assurance activities such as applying Security Technical Implementation Guidelines and software patches, performing IAVA Scans, updating\develop Plan of Action and Milestone Reports, etc.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Has a valid OS certification
- 2+ years of system\software testing
- 2+ years of IA experience
- Experience with installing patches, hotfixes and updates
- Experience with OS installation and configuration
- Experience with desktop support
- Debugging/Trouble shooting a system with hardware and software integration
- Familiarity with test tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution, test case management tools
- Writing and managing test procedures & test reports
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability