This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 202201
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 25, 2020
Category: Business Management
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
The Project Accounting (Setup) group falls under the SAIC umbrella of the Finance Shared Services (FSS) organization. FSS facilitates many functions such as Accounts Receivable, Accounting Services & Development, Cash Collection, Project Setup, as well as other Shared Service functions within SAIC.
We are a dedicated and detail oriented finance organization built on a foundation of strong ethics and integrity, innovative business solutions, business insight and partnership, and leadership and career development that enables the successful execution of the enterprise strategy.
The FSS organization currently has an opening for an Accounting Associate position within the Project Setup department. This is an excellent opportunity to be exposed to the Setup Department and various other areas within FSS.
This position will be responsible for end to end project setup activities including initial contract review, determining project setup requirements, and continued project maintenance. The responsibilities encompass the Costpoint system’s setup of the project with a major focus on the analysis of a program of various contract types including Cost Plus, Time & Material, Work-In-Process, Fixed Price, and Inter-Company. It is imperative that the applicant is aware that the department serves the internal customers as a mediator, as a knowledgeable expert regarding the functions of setup to include what inputs impact billing and revenue, and as a valued researcher from all points within the lifecycle of a contract.
The selected candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of project setup activities. This includes understanding, interpreting, and analyzing less complex to intermediate level contracts and proposals in order to gather requirements to design a project setup configuration that meets billing, revenue recognition, reporting requirements, and various adhoc duties.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
• Financial contract analysis
• Creating and maintaining direct and indirect project structure/information
• Providing customer service in a timely manner
• Leading project setup meetings
• Collaborating with multiple functional areas at all leadership levels
• Analyzing billing and revenue issues and providing solutions that adhere to policy
• Resolving discrepancies and inaccuracies that will aid in proper billing to our external customers and revenue reporting to the SEC
• Candidate must be able to multi‐task in a fast paced environment with moderate supervision, which will require a flexible schedule and occasional overtime.
• Candidate must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook and Word).
• Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline is required.
• Experience in Government Contracting. Previous exposure to SAIC policies and procedures and experience with Deltek Costpoint highly desirable.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability