Job Description: The candidate will work as a member of a team tasked to provide programs with end-to-end independent testing and verification of program capabilities. The employee will identify disconnects, risks, and concerns with test requirements, criteria, and testing. Utilizing existing systems engineering policies and processes, the employee will identify systems engineering, interoperability, and testing issues and risks. The employee will also perform technical reviews on enterprise systems engineering artifacts and prepare comments and recommendations to the customer’s Chief Systems Engineer. The employee shall prepare technical reports with rationale for their recommendations.
- Engage with Operational Test & Assessment team personnel.
- Maintain awareness of status and schedule of programs of interest.
- Curate and propagate DT&E heuristics and best practices.
- Team with customer organizations to develop testing policy and guidelines.
- Advise programs and test teams on current standards, practices, and procedures for integrating, testing, evaluating and transitioning systems and enterprise capabilities.
- Evaluate enterprise capabilities, architectures, system design concepts, requirements, risks and opportunities, and processes for integration, test, evaluation and transition impacts.
- Advise test teams on the design and implementation of test and evaluation strategies.
- Review requirements for testability.
- Participate in reviews of systems and elements under development to ensure traceability of requirements.
- Monitor program preparation and execution of comprehensive test & evaluation plans, procedures and schedules.
- Monitor to ensure system integration, test, evaluation and transition activities are coordinated with other organizations.
- Monitor and advise program test team readiness for system integration, test and evaluation, and transition activities.
- Recommend necessary changes in testing configurations, testing procedures, testing processes, or new testing requirements.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Eight (8) years’ experience as a test engineer (TE) and a Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management or a related discipline from an accredited college or university. Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in the Intelligence Community (IC) experience performing or managing testing and integration of software-intensive programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process development and evaluation, and standards.
- A successful candidate should have experience in some or all of the following activities:
- Analyze system requirements, concept of operations, acquisition plan, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report results.
- Support the development of Test & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, T&E Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports.
- Work with other test organizations to support T&E program integration.
- Plan and Execute Performance Analysis.
- Assess operational and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to frame and prioritize E&E objectives and enable evaluation planning.
- Coordinate with program Systems Engineering and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, Modeling & Simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning.
- Select, develop, and use analysis tools.
- Participate in the T&E Working-level Integrated Product Team (WIPT) and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of evaluation plans, data collection plans, and T&E activities.
- Execute the evaluation plan on data collected by the Testing Tasks.
- Produce Evaluation Plans (metric framework, scenarios/threads, timelines, requirements/T&E cross-walk), Analysis Plans, Data Requirements, Risk Assessments, Evaluation Reports, Status reports; provide input to Government T&E products (e.g., Technology Readiness Assessments, Test & Evaluation Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, T&E Plans & Procedures and Test Readiness Reports)
- Establish and employ data & Configuration Management capabilities.
- Produce associated Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports/Briefings, Data Management Plan.
- To be considered for this position, a candidate must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Experience with test planning and implementation for complex software engineering programs.
- Experience with automated test tools, integrated testing, and continuous testing.
- Able to work with supported organizations and test teams to review/improve test planning and execution.
Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management, be willing to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, and possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
· Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability