SAIC, in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) – Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) - Office of Transforming All-Source Analysis with Location-Based Object Services (TALOS), will deliver enterprise ITSM/ITIL processes; Server & Storage Management; Desk Side support; Asset Management; Configuration Management; Event Monitoring (EOC) for TALOS. These services will include design, engineering, and implementations for the entire DIA TALOS global enterprise. SAIC is looking for a DIA TALOS team experienced and proven in terms of technology and IT modernization in the US Government Enterprise space.
The Senior Storage Engineering Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day operations ensuring 24x7x365 high availability for more than thirty (30) petabytes (PB) of enterprise class storage on various vendor solutions (e.g., Hitachi, EMC, NetApp) across multiple datacenters and multiple cloud service providers. The storage environment leverages multiprotocol arrays that utilize Fiber Channel (FC), Ethernet, and Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) connectivity to provide FC SAN and both CIFS and NFS NAS storage
- Specific responsibilities of this position include providing leadership and management to ensure efficient and cost-effective provision of storage responsive to DIA TALOS requirements, including:
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain non-virtual and virtual storage solutions for DIA TALOS managed hosting environments.
- Assign and initialize online storage volumes, as well as manage online storage thresholds and data archives.
- Provide data migration/archive management, and provide documentation support as well as maintenance.
- Backup production systems as well as development systems where needed to backup media and alternate processing/recovery sites as required by DIA TALOS backup and recovery policy.
- Monitor backup jobs and provide a periodic Backup Report as requested to management.
- Support service requests for the restoration of data from the backups as required as directed by the designated Government lead.
- Process, manage, and resolve all event, warning, alert, as well as alarm messages of the backup jobs and schedules. The storage management team will work with other CBP OIT teams in order to properly establish automated remediation activities pertaining to storage issues.
- Provide proactive storage capacity management to meet DIA TALOS requirements.
- Monitor and control storage performance according to DIA TALOS requirements and perform tuning as required.
- Maintain and improve storage resource efficiency in accordance with DIA TALOS approved thresholds.
- Provide multiple tiered storage options as well as local storage options where appropriate.
- Decommission storage and backup environment in accordance with DIA TALOS policies and procedures at the data centers
Education and Experience:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; or Masters and seven (7) years or more experience. Directly relevant IT experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis
- Must have at least three years’ experience managing very large storage arrays spread across multiple physical and Cloud environments
- Must have five or more recent years of demonstrated advanced, hands-on, data center storage engineering experience supporting the design, installation, configuration, development, integration, implementation, and testing of data center storage services in a complex environment which includes multiple physical and Cloud locations
- Must possess demonstrated data center storage engineering experience supporting and troubleshooting data center storage technology, server, and hosted application issues reported through monitoring or customer submittals
- Ability to obtain clearance with eligibility for a Top Secret clearance required. Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information and facilities.
- Must have excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical and written/oral reporting and presentation skills.
- Experience supporting DHS Customs and Border Protection or a similar Federal agency in a large, complex storage environment
- Current DHS security clearance of Secret
- Hands-on familiarity with Hitachi, EMC, and NetApps
- Current knowledge of emerging storage technologies including but not limited to cloud computing, virtualization, on-demand computing, scalable technologies and service-oriented architecture.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability