This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 202129
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 10, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has immediate need for an experienced Software Architect to support the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) for the CCDC Aviation and Missile Center, Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I) located on Redstone Arsenal, in Huntsville, Alabama.
The candidate will be a member of the architecture team that is responsible for the system architecture, program reference architecture, technical governance of the software development teams, and perform software development tasks as subject matter experts of embedded software for military systems. The candidate will perform development activities for the full life cycle of a software program. Duties may include requirements analysis, architecture and design, coding, integration, test, documentation, and software development team support. The candidate will also participate in software team meetings, architecture planning and implementation meetings, hardware and software design reviews, and technical interchange meetings. The software engineering process empowers the candidate to work with Cyber, Safety, QC, Operations, and Test organizations to deliver high quality working software within the reference architecture framework. The candidates will work in a team environment, with well-defined goals, supporting both new and legacy embedded systems.
· BS in STEM related Engineering field or related technical discipline and 5+ years of related experience is require [4 YOE, military service, certifications accepted in lieu of degree].
· Software Architecture experience (design and implementation)
· Strong C++ experience and other Object Oriented Languages
· Object Oriented Design methods and practices
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
· Object-oriented programming and design, including unit testing.
· Designing for maximum code re-use across programs
· Architecture Frameworks such as DoDAF
· Unified Modeling Language (UML)
· Creating Architecture Views and decomposing to specific Implementation and Design Views
· Software Development and Experience with Distributed Embedded Systems
· MS Visual Studio (VS2017), VxWorks, Linux, SCM tools
· Enterprise Architect
· Agile Development Experience
· Working with cross-functional teams with many engineering disciplines
· Software Safety in a MIL-STD-882E context
· Ability to mentor junior software engineers on correct architecture, design, and implementation processes
· Must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance prior. Current SECRET clearance preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability