SAIC is the sole provider of Systems and Software Assurance Services to the NASA Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program located in Fairmont, West Virginia. This position can be filled either in Fairmont, WV at the NASA Katherine Johnson IV&V Facility or in Houston, TX near the NASA Johnson Space Center.
SAIC supports NASA's IV&V Program, delivering analysis and verification & validation of safety-critical and mission-critical software for a number of important NASA programs, including both human and robotic exploration as well as earth and space science collection platforms.
The successful candidate will work independently and as a member of a team in one or more of these IV&V projects or other IV&V Program functional areas.
Roles and Responsibilities will include assignment in one or more aspects of the IV&V Program needs listed below:
- Performs full-lifecycle (i.e., Concept to Deployment) Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) analyses to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- Performs IV&V analysis of system and software architecture, system and software requirements, software design, source code, and the developer’s software integration, interface, formal verification and qualification, systems and software integration, and certification test products
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, and requirements allocation and interface definition studies to evaluate compliance of software specifications with customer requirements. Conducts software hazard analysis and risk assessment.
- Develops independent test plans, cases, procedures, and scripts and performs independent testing of safety-critical and mission-critical software systems to ensure the system will do what it is supposed to do, not do what it is not supposed to do, and will respond in a safe and desired manner under adverse conditions.
- May lead small teams of analysts performing verification and validation analyses.
- Analyzes effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes and develops/recommends improvements.
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to IV&V analyses performed
- Participates in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Participates in Risk Management process as it relates to execution of the IV&V Project and to the software development project being evaluated by the IV&V team.
- Work is performed on-site in Government facilities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
9+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 7+ years of experience with a Master's degree, in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other software related engineering program, OR an additional 4 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree.
Experience and expertise with NASA, DoD, or commercial programs involving launch control systems, including knowledge of two or more of the following systems: Command & Data Handling, Environmental Control Systems, Hypergols, Avionics, Flight Controls, Cryogenics, Propulsion Systems, Electrical Power Subsystems, Thermal Control Subsystems, FDIR, Autonomous Systems, and Vehicle Health Management.
Working experience with all major aspects of the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test).
2+ years of experience developing software test plans, cases, procedures, and scripts and performing software and/or system testing of safety-critical and mission-critical software systems .
Experience reading and writing C / C++ source code to verify correct, complete, and consistent implementation of software requirements and behaviors.
Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Experience and expertise in developing or assessing safety critical mission software preferred
Prior IV&V and/or independent test experience preferred
Familiar with Cybersecurity Assurance is preferred
Takes ownership of tasks and problems and provides solutions.
Is a self-starter who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment.
Familiar with UML and/or Rational Rhapsody
Familiar with Agile software development processes
Familiar with Simulink and MATLAB
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability