This is a Telecommunications Customer Service position in support of the Department of State (DoS) Vanguard Program, in the Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data (TWD) Division.
The Customer Service position is responsible for managing and tracking telecom orders – new moves, adds, changes, and disconnect requests. This includes reviewing and validating voice and data telecom order requests from customers, data entry, and providing tracking and timely status updates of orders.
Description of Duties:
- Process all New, Move, Adds, Change, and Disconnect (MACD) orders for technologies such as data, wireless and voice using the Telecommunications Service Request (TSR) form.
- Monitor and respond to all incoming telecom order requests from Remedy and/or Customer Service Inbox.
- Track, maintain, and update all telcom order requests on a daily basis to ensure customers receive most up-to-date status.
- Document clear and concise notes related to order activities in the internal databases (to include Remedy) to ensure that the customers can view and have access to the most current status of an order.
- Work closely with Project Managers on large scale Enterprise deployments to meet customer’s unique requirements.
- Answer inbound customer calls for queries regarding order status activities.
- Review, verify, and validate all work order activities/data in internal databases to ensure accurate billing/invoicing information is recorded.
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience or no degree with additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Background in M-A-C-D (Moves, Adds, Changes, and Disconnects) day-to-day environment.
- Experience with telecom ordering and provisioning process.
- Customer-facing/service experience.
- Experience with use of data analysis to identify root causes to solve and mitigate issues.
- Ability to resolve complex issues.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask in a high paced environment.
- Familiarity with Department of State environment and organization, a plus.
- Familiarity with Remedy ITSM Tool
- Familiarity and/or working knowledge of billing/invoicing systems, a plus.
Must be able to obtain or currently possess a minimum of an interim secret clearance in order to start
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability