The customer is interested in IT Modernization efforts and Training. This effort will involve training and facilitating changes for employees impacted by IT modernization efforts, evolve workforce to 21st Century skillsets and work practices, and enable the workforce to drive successful IT Modernization efforts going forward utilizing in-house talent.
The Instructional Systems Designer is responsible for providing the highest level of learning and development domain expertise and guidance to the delivery team and stakeholders. Prepares training curricula utilizing development applications to be delivered via computer based training, eLearning environments and learning management systems. Conducts training analysis, designs and develops training curricula, designs and develop multimedia/web storyboards and training, and measures and evaluates effectiveness of training. This role will work within and lead a team to respond to the training needs of the customer in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating course content, curriculum, evaluation methods and criteria, testing, delivery methods and instructional delivery. These skills will range from soft skills in the use of their delivery and collaboration tools to more specific curriculum content focused on their occupational roles and responsibilities. Frequent use and application of industry practices, techniques, and standards will apply.
• Works on team efforts in custom course development and delivery of course objectives.
• Collaborates closely with customer organization to review and establish assignments and utilize resources to accomplish goals and meet schedule objectives.
• Interprets and administers policies, processes, and procedures that may affect sections and subordinate work units. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that immediately affect the organization.
• Prepares training curricula utilizing development applications to be delivered via live, virtual, computer based training, web based training, eLearning environments and learning management systems, and upgrades and modifies training programs and curricula accordingly for effectiveness of training programs.
• Leads team effort to design and develop training curricula, multimedia/web storyboards and training tools and products.
Qualifications REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must have a Bachelors and six (6) years or more of relevant experience. May consider a high school education and an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
• Demonstrated experience interacting with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts to design and develop solutions to address learning needs and/or cultural change management
• Demonstrated experience directing a team of training analysts, instructional systems designers, media and web developers, and quality assurance personnel
• Knowledge and understanding of Bloom’s Taxonomy
• Experience with the ADDIE Instructional Systems Design model
• Ability to work with a team or individually without close supervision
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office software applications
• Experience with curriculum design/development and learning solutions
• Ability to demonstrate application of cognitive science and human factors that apply to the design of virtual training
• Ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation.
• Experience in analysis and evaluation of learning content
• Experience with Agile ISD development
• Experience developing design documents for a variety of learning content types
• Experience leveraging new technologies or approaches to increase learner engagement, specifically understanding of data analytics using xAPI.
• Ability to increase learner engagement through the creation of appropriate interactions, activities, and exercises
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability