SAIC is seeking an IT Systems Engineering Team Lead to support a large federal government agency. Employee will perform on-site, at a secure government location Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Occasional off-hour, weekend and holiday support may be required during scheduled and un-scheduled events.
Description of Duties:
- Maintain and monitor project cost and schedule to ensure objectives are met. Recommend corrective actions for project variances, proactively identifying and eliminating risks.
- Perform as point-of-contact for project stakeholders and team members.
- Develop project requirements, scope, objectives and schedules. Plan, organize, control and report on IT projects.
- Facilitate, coordinate, conduct and record meetings with management, engineers, technical operations and other support elements to plan, review and status project tasks.
- Perform Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provide specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Participate in recruiting activities and on-going staff performance evaluations and improvement.
Bachelors and 9+ years of experience; or equivalent experience without a degree.
- Experience managing 20 or more technical staff.
- Proven experience meeting IT project objectives in high pressure environments.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, time-management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Project or other project management tools.
- Familiarity with general IT practices and concepts, including service lifecycle management, incident management, problem management, change control and configuration management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- ITIL Foundations
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems (e.g. BlackBerry, XenMobile, Airwatch, MobileIron, etc.)
- Telecom Expense Management Systems (TEMS) (e.g. MobiChord)
- Mobile desktops and virtual desktops (Citrix)
- Mobile device platforms (Apple iOS, BlackBerry, Android, etc.)
Active Secret in order to start
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability