SAIC is looking for a HCL (formerly IBM) BigFix Engineer to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC.
- Designs, solutions and supports HCL BigFix (BigFix) endpoint management system and supporting components. Will be recognized as lead / subject matter expert for BigFix endpoint management. May participate in the creation of new BigFix technologies and operating procedures.
- Engineers complete overall patch/release management as well as ensures all packages are deployed efficiently and as transparently as possible. Identify, manage, and monitor for vulnerabilities that may affect compliance requirements and change management procedures.
- Develops, tests and deploys fixlets and perform day-to-day activities required to distribute application and patch packages using BigFix to end user hardware. Utilizes BigFix systems-management software product to manage large groups of computers running Windows, VMware ESX, Linux or UNIX. Create and test OEM and custom fixlets and packages prior to release; administers the BigFix Web UI.
- Develops, tests and deploys BigFix Secure Configuration Baseline Checklists. Ensures all hardware is within compliance of the common operating environment, identifying and reporting discrepancies. Develops reports and graphs.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and documents results. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution for BigFix and general patching issues on Windows and Red Hat Linux systems. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Participates as a BigFix Subject Matter Expert in technical and business discussions with customers, teammates, vendors, and /or upper level managers. Provides expertise and consultations for using IBM BigFix relevance language. Provides subject matter expertise on issues and tasks related to the remote distribution of packages.
- Provides information and data utilized for asset reporting. Assists with updating Process and Procedure documentation for Site Support and Service Desk. Develops, implements and maintains Standard Operating Procedures to support BigFix managed applications and agents.
- Develops and maintains small software tools and custom scripts, using PowerShell, Visual Basic, and Wise, to automate repetitive tasks and improve user access to self-service options.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; 9 years of experience in lieu of degree; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
3+ years of experience using IBM BigFix and other tools for software distribution and reporting to include creating custom fixlets in BigFix and deploying OEM and custom fixlets and actions across the full enterprise and administering BigFix Web UI
Should have a demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively with IBM BigFix endpoint management tools in a complex, multi-platform environment
Experience implementing, configuring, and upgrading BigFix modules and setting up related processes for using the tool across platforms in an enterprise capacity for servers and workstations
Experience as a BigFix engineer in an environment with 3000+ users; Experience with BigFix Compliance and Inventory; Experience optimizing BigFix environments and optimizing toolsets
Experience with configuration management of operating system and applications of popular security benchmarks published by DoD STIG, USGCB, and CIS
Experience with using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data. Experience in developing custom workflows
Knowledge of basic Windows command line executables and switches syntax
Experience with designing, implementing, configuring, and operating information security continuous monitoring tools
Experience monitoring end user hardware for vulnerabilities and compliance
Knowledge of integrating Cybersecurity data using enterprise or custom tools data aggregation and analysis tools, such as Splunk
Desired BigFix module experience: Patch Management, Security and Compliance (SCA), Asset Discovery, Software Distribution, Server Automation
Clearance: Must be able to attain Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability