SAIC is looking for an Application Performance Engineer to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC. The Application Performance Engineer's primary responsibilities include providing architecture design, planning, implementation and oversight for the IT monitoring environment for on premise and cloud applications.
· Expanding the Application Performance Monitoring program to improve application performance, availability, and resiliency through real-time monitoring
· Work with internal teams and vendors to build a solution that includes network, systems, and application performance dashboards
· Define the monitoring tools, design, and configuration needed to meet the needs of the organization and customers
· Assist in developing / updating documentation including service catalog, implementations, configurations, processes, and policies.
· Identify, analyze and resolve the most complex public and hybrid cloud-based issues. Identify and balance risks and rewards to meet objectives.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience;or 8 years of experience in lieu of degree; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Advanced experience with application performance monitoring tools such as Splunk, Azure Monitor, Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM), AppDynamics
Advanced scripting knowledge and experience including regular expressions, bash, PowerShell, and Python
Experience in Unix / Linux and Windows Environment
Experience in integration design supporting mission critical business processes
Experience with system capacity monitoring and forecasting applications
Experience with AWS or Azure administration
Experience with network & firewall topology
Proven track record of automating processes and developing effective QA measures that include performance testing, capacity management, and reporting
Understanding of industry standard system architecture and system management concepts and tools
Experience in the design, deployment, and support of large, complex systems
Clearance: Must be able to attain Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability