Job ID: 201450
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for Senior Systems Engineer with a TS/SCI clearance who would be responsible to assist with engineering functions that primarily require expertise with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and a secure Cloud Services Platform. The Candidate would be challenged to use their skills and experience in assessing functionalities that leverage AWS. This position provides the opportunity to be part of a professional and leading-edge technology team while participating in the DoD Acquisition process to support various Programs of Record within the Program Executive Office; Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Intelligence and Space Systems (PEO C4I/SS).
· Provide AWS and General IT Knowledge and Experience
· Conduct System Engineering activities based on sound engineering practices
· Assist with the design and deployment of dynamically scalable, available, and reliable applications on AWS, based on the appropriate AWS services, customer/system requirements, and cost-control strategies
· Evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS
· Provide best practice guidance on the system architectural design
· Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
· Provide expertise in Cloud computing for on-demand delivery of compute power, database storage, applications, and other IT resources to support critical operations
· Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software/engineering specifications
· Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, deployment automation, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
· Contribute to development of new principles and concepts.
· Ability to recommend innovative and ingenious solutions and make decisions on project work to ensure effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
ExExperienced in AWS Cloud Compliance and responsibilities to maintain security and data protection, audit standards, and AWS security control environment.
Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect. Familiarity with a scripting language, Windows and Linux environments. Familiarity with AWS CLI, AWS APIs, AWS Cloud Formation templates, the AWS Billing Console and Management Console
· Any of the following certifications: DAWIA, PMP, INCOSE, Agile/DevOps/DevSecOps.
· Model Based Systems Engineering.
· Understanding of Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence and Space Systems (PEO C4I/SS) and Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) with prior experience with Naval Systems or Programs.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability