Job ID: 201452
Location: LAS CRUCES, NM, United States
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking top talent Network Engineers to join our team in support of an Intelligence Community Customer. Successful candidates will perform an array of network and transport engineering functions. Travel is required with this position.
Assist an Intelligence Community (IC) customer by providing technical expertise, continuity of effort, and value added judgement to advise customer leadership on a full spectrum of project management, systems engineering for Network related activities.
- Maintain the configuration management database for the customer's transport network
- Interact frequently with network and transport services providers to resolve network anomalies and performance issues, as well as to determine future products to meet the Customer's strategic initiatives for services
- Provide engineering for optical circuit design, integration, testing, and troubleshooting efforts
- Develop circuit specifications, test methodologies, and exercise testing techniques to verify that circuits meet all required specifications
- Perform requirements analysis, schedule review, and cost estimation for requested services requiring new/additional transport bandwidth
- Conduct risk assessment and analysis of network architectures, and identify mitigations to minimize risk of outages on services
- Perform technical evaluation of vendor documentation, including network designs and technical details.
- Document and support coordination of memoranda of understanding and other cross-organization documents which detail service level agreements.
- Review daily assessment reports of network health and performance, and provide technical guidance to operations personnel and vendors as necessary to resolve network performance issues.
- Understand IC Partner network architectures, and provide consultation and technical input regarding cross-community transport questions.
- Serve as Transport Services site liaison for various locations
- Provide network/transport engineering expertise for various special projects.
- Provide TIER III communications support as requested.
Clearance required to start: TS/ SCI with Poly
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, networking, or related fields
- COMP TIA Sec+-CE, CCNP or similar certifications meeting/exceeding DoD 8570 – Level II requirements
- 10 or more years’ experience supporting the design and integration of IC network/transport requirements
- 5+ years’ experience performing network design activities for an IC Agency's network requirements
- Strong network troubleshooting and analytical skills in the network domain.
- Solid understanding of commercial carrier optical technologies to include integration, testing, and troubleshooting
- Knowledgeable of MS Office software products including Visio
- Demonstrated ability to develop plans and schedules, and work with a small team in a dynamic environment.
- Previous NRO experience preferred
- Master’s degree in IT, networking, telecommunications
- CISSP, CCIE or similar certifications meeting/exceeding DoD 8570 – Level III requirements
- 12 or more years’ experience supporting the design and integration of IC network/transport requirements
- 7+ years’ experience performing network design activities for an IC Agency's network requirements
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (may be required to provide a sample of documentation)
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering lifecycle, including risk management and risk mitigation as applied to the network domain
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability