SAIC is looking for an Enterprise
Architect with an Active Secret clearance in San Diego who seeks a challenge
and ready to quickly understand, contribute, and track progress of C4I/SPAWAR
5.0 SE processes.
Examples of products and processes that
will be commonly worked on include:
- Dependencies (logical
- Action items
- Design documentation
- Technical analysis /
reporting, risk / issue management / resolution
The following are some of the tasks, experiences, and
responsibilities an excellent candidate would take on in a dynamic and
professional work environment.
Job Description and Duties:
- Primary SE processes include
Enterprise Change Requests (ECR) and Systems Engineering Technical Reviews
- Both system and System
of System (SoS) / capability events and products will be managed.
- Provides enterprise architecture expertise to translate an enterprises’
strategy into a future enterprise architecture and a transition plan (i.e.
roadmap) to achieve that future state.
- Uses multi-disciplinary techniques, for example: business process
decomposition and redesign, information engineering, organizational redesign,
change management, IT strategy and architecture, and performance measurement,
to assist in enterprise business transformation and EA implementation.
- Interacts at a variety of points within the enterprises’ governance
process to assist in implementation of the transition plan, to include
organizational strategy development, capital planning and investment control,
portfolio and project management, systems development, and operations.
- Designs, develops, and maintains current and future views and data
describing the enterprise architecture.
- Researches and advises on the selection of technologies to include
within the enterprise architecture.
- Provides analyses of potential changes to the EA.
- Conducts reviews and analyses of architectures to ensure compliance with
- Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality
programs, systems, processes and procedures to ensure EA policy compliance or
to improve the EA.
- Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter expert and other
architects to reflect reengineered business processes into the EA.
- Defines, develops, and provides expertise and guidance on EA processes,
policies, roles and responsibilities.
- Has experience and expertise in the application of one or more common EA
frameworks, such as FEAC, TOGAF, or DoDAF, as well as with common EA tools such
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles,
theories, concepts and techniques.
Required Education, Clearance and Experience:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more years’ related experience working knowledge of
Systems Engineering, OR Masters and
0 years’ experience
- An ACTIVE DoD SECRET Clearance
- 2 years working experience
with MS Office:
- Excel (e.g. implement
formulas, link data, multi variate queries),
- Word (e.g. template
development, automated TOC / TOF / TOT / references), and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of data
management and statistics are desirable.
of Navy systems a PLUS!
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability