Description This position supports High-Performance Computing (HPC), providing systems engineering support to the HPC Subject Matter Experts (SME). The selected candidate must have proven systems engineering experience and must be able to advise and assist the Government in various systems engineering activities
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Technical and engineering support to HPC SMEs to document the As-Is architecture baseline with initial focus areas that include mission needs drivers (top-down guidance), mapping to mission threads, deployed HPC systems’ baseline capability profile including integration and data flow dependencies, Power/Space/Cooling capacity of each site (existing, planned, maximum), UPS generator allocation (as-is, to-be) and 60-second UPS capability, data center build-out and mission assurance drivers, and infrastructure connectivity and interface controls.
- With the As-Is baseline architecture as context, apply the Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership & Education, Personnel, and Facilities (DOTMLPF) capability assessment and planning framework to develop HPC capability roadmaps to support the evolution of the HPC architecture in support of critical mission needs with initial focus areas that include HPC capacity and capability planning, materiel and material leverage points, system deployment and decommissioning schedules, HPC mission management/performance monitoring/associated metrics, system integration and data flow dependencies, PSC/infrastructure/support model trade studies, and cross-data center dependencies and fail-over strategies.
- Oversight of all tasks to ensure that deliverables are being met and completed. If adjustments are required, ensure communication of required changes to the Government Program Lead or Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
- Ensure the Government remains informed on status and progress of all projects through periodic, formal reviews and through informal meetings.
- Assist in the development of system engineering activities.
- Assist the Government in preparing and conducting briefings.
- Provide status for deliverables on the Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL). Individual status reports must be provided.
- Provide the Government with various technical deliverables in accordance with the CDRLs by the specified date.
- Position requires TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience with IC industry and customer, including mission domain experience in high performance computing and cryptanalysis.
- Knowledge and familiarity of underlying technologies and architectures for HPC system capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience with managing multiple stakeholders to reach mutual agreements on goals, objectives, program/domain capabilities, interfaces, and milestones.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability