SAIC is seeking a Mobile Workstation Deployment Engineer to support a large federal government agency. This position will perform on-site, at a secure government location Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Occasional off-hour, weekend and holiday support may be required during scheduled and un-scheduled events.
Description of Duties:
- Provide IT service life cycle engineering, including Operations and Maintenance (O&M) to new and existing laptop solutions.
- Create, build, test, and deploy software packages and operating systems using enterprise deployment tools such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Identify, configure, test, and deploy Active Directory Group Policies.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend next generation mobile desktop hardware.
- Schedule, plan, coordinate, and implement software package deployments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software deployment and other problems related to mobile workstations.
- Evaluate, recommend, and support operational changes, enhancements, and modifications based on operational and/or security-related needs.
- Review mobile applications and provide solutions/recommendations on whether or not applications should be approved for use on the mobile platform.
- Perform configuration backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Interface with hardware and software vendors to resolve issues, obtain information on future capabilities, and solicit recommendations on product enhancements and/or configurations
- Develop, maintain, and support operational documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), requirements documents, back-up/contingency plans, architectural design documents and diagrams, and Information Assurance (IA) related documentation.
Bachelors and 9+ years of related experience.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Microsoft PowerShell
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- TCP/IP based networking
- Symantec and McAfee anti-virus software
- PKI and TLS/SSL certificates
- IT service life cycle management (design, build, test, deploy)
- Microsoft certifications
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
- ITIL Foundations
Secret with ability to obtain Top Secret.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability