Join SAIC’s cyber security team and work on this effort that encompasses technical, engineering, management, operation, logistical and administrative support for cyber security operations. The ideal candidate will have broad and deep experience in cyber security with demonstrated successes in supporting a large scale IT infrastructure encompassing overseas and domestic facilities.
The Office of Cyber Monitoring and Operations provides expert incident response, performs penetration testing, conducts vulnerability assessments, and designs, engineers, operates and maintains the cybersecurity systems used by the Directorate to protect the Department from advanced persistent threats. The Systems Architect (CMO) provides design, architecture, and engineering technical direction and leadership.
The System Architect shall provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to conduct security reviews and information technology (IT) security gap analysis on the Department’s systems, networks and cybersecurity capabilities. The System Architect shall assess the Department’s enterprise architecture and implementation of cyber capabilities to ensure necessary protections are implemented to protect the Department’s mission and business processes.
The System Architect shall perform activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan.
- Ensure that acquired or developed system(s) and architecture(s) are consistent with organization's cybersecurity architecture guidelines.
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Present briefings, slides, and reports to CTS leadership detailing findings and recommendations. Recommend areas for the prioritization of resources, funding, and capabilities.
- Provide input on security requirements to be included in statements of work and other appropriate procurement documents.
- Analyze candidate architectures, allocate security services, and select security mechanisms.
- Evaluate security architectures and designs to determine the adequacy of security design and architecture proposed or provided in response to requirements contained in acquisition documents.
- Research and evaluate new and emerging technology.
- Coordinate and host vendor demonstrations.
- Leads and supervises lower-level analysts.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
General Experience: 12 years of experience in IT, cyber security, and/or other projects related to critical network infrastructure protection. Five (5) years of experience in IT Cloud based security infrastructure protection. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
Specialized Experience: Eight (8) years of current experience in cyber security system or solution design, engineering, evaluation, integration and/or deployment. Demonstrated ability to provide cyber security guidance at the authoritative level.
Certification Required: CISSP
Required Clearance: Top Secret
Must be Able to Travel CONUS and OCONUS
Certification Desired: Cisco Network Professional Security (CCNP-S) and MCSE
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability