Work under the direction of the TESS Cross Functional Release Management Lead. The Release Manager is responsible for execution of and adherence to established Change and Release Management standards and procedures for implementing application and infrastructure changes in the enterprise.
- Oversee and manage release activities in accordance with established TESS Change and Release Management processes.
- Ensure appropriate controls in the release and deployment processes.
- Manage risk and resolves issues that affect Release Management.
- Manage client and management expectations with respect to Release Management activities.
- Work closely with the Configuration Management and Application Support teams for implementing changes.
- Act as a liaison between technical and non-technical staff and communicate release management activities and impacts to various stakeholders, including participation in Change Advisory Boards (CABs).
- Work closely with project managers for planning, managing and implementation of changes.
- Work to guarantee smooth, predictable and timely delivery of enterprise changes using a combination of processes and tools.
- Recommend process improvements for Change and Release Management.
Candidate may also be involved in the development and implementation of the future methodology for Release Management efforts and shall understand and have experience in the following:
- 5-7 years of experience with Change / Release Management or Application Development Project Management, as well as a thorough understanding of fundamental change and release concepts and processes.
- General technical IT skills, with knowledge of industry Change and Release Management best practices.
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal skills as well as outstanding organizational skill.
- Experience working in cross-functional, multi-location teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Strong work ethic with a focus on quality, results and customer satisfaction
MANDATORY TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Proficiency in application development release
processes and tools.
- Knowledge and experience in Software Development
- Experience in application development that demonstrates
thorough knowledge of the SDLC.
- Demonstrated understanding of change, configuration management
and release management processes.
MANDATORY NON-TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Clear verbal and detailed documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate technical issues at a level that
is easily comprehensible to the audience.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within defined
- Team player.
- Ability to make recommendations for changes and
improvements to tools and processes.
- Ability to execute very detailed analyses and record
keeping with the highest quality level.
- Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within
a deadline-drive environment.
- Experience defining process and procedures to manage
the release cycle.
- B.S. Degree and eight years of relevant
experience. Candidate should have at least five years of hands-on
Change and Release Management or Project Management experience. Additional
years of experience acceptable in lieu of a Degree.
- ITIL Foundations Certification a plus or ITSM process
Security Clearance Requirement:
Position requires a Public Trust Clearance prior to
Clearance reciprocity will be granted if held over the last
5 years. Public Trust or higher level clearance to start is required.
US Citizen or Green Card.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability