Job ID: 201083
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Aerospace Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC requires a Spacecraft Launch, Initialization and Checkout Specialist to provide technical and programmatic support to a Government Program Office acquiring and deploying an advanced technology demonstration satellite. The selected candidate will serve full-time as the lead for planning and execution of all activities required to support initialization and on-orbit demonstration phases. Key areas of focus include planning and execution of training, exercise and rehearsal support and transition between different initialization phases during execution.
• Provide direct customer support to assist in overseeing the planning and execution of initialization activities of an advanced technology demonstration satellite program.
• Identify and track issues/progress and provide technical and management coordination between the Program Office, the satellite contractor and the operations site.
• Assist in resource planning, acquisition/RFC process and support preparations as required to support planned activities.
• Ensure program CONOPS and supporting procedures are adequate and efficient and that personnel are sufficiently prepared.
• Attend operational facility design reviews and program management reviews to assess design maturity, requirements compliance and to provide informed technical recommendations to the USG.
• Attend Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings as required.
• Review test plans/procedures and test results and test reports for completeness and accuracy, including compliance to approved plans, and provide feedback to the customer.
• Proactively identify and assess emerging technical and programmatic risks and then work with the contractor to develop and evaluate mitigation approaches.
• Develop productive relationships with contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other subject matter experts.
• Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates, oral and in writing (email) to the customer.
• Perform in-depth review and analysis of programmatic (cost and schedule) detail in addition to technical (performance) detail.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in a government/contractor team environment.
• Experience in DOD/IC acquisition and program management processes.
• Demonstrated sustained superior performance.
• Ability to accommodate change, manage priorities and apply creative solutions to problems.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability