Job ID: 201055
Location: LANHAM, MD, United States
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2020
Subcategory: Cyber Sec Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Cloud Security Engineer on the NASA OMES II Contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System-Ground (JPSS-G) Project at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Lanham, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
The Cloud Engineer's primary responsibilities will include ensuring the proper security control implementations are in place on the Project’s existing AWS Cloud environment and any future Cloud endeavors. Selected candidates will work with multiple contractors, on the design, and implementation, of the environment following the intentions of the NOAA Security System Information System Security Official (ISSO).
· Provide recommendations for designs, and plans, for cloud computing and virtualization systems with major focus on following existing security requirements
· Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in cloud computing and virtualization
· Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
· Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
· Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
· Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications
-Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, IT, Cyber Security, Systems Engineering and 10+ years of experience in Systems or Software Engineering or closely related field
-Must be able to pass a Government background investigation
-Significant depth of experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
-3+ years of “hands on” experience in Cloud Platforms, architecture, and engineering
-Significant depth of experience in Multilevel Security (MLS) Cloud environments
-Experience working on unusually complex technical problems and provides highly innovative and creative solutions.
Experience developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
-Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
-Strong interpersonal and communication skills
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability