Software Test Engineer_AMCS
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 201035
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2020
Subcategory: SW Testing
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a need for a Multiprocessor/Software Test Engineer for the Aviation Mission Common Server (AMCS) System Integration and Management project. This candidate will be instrumental in configuration and operation of a Systems Integration Lab (SIL) to test new multi-core processor (MPC) architectures for a next generation Army computing environment. The testing environment will be utilized as an integral process of achieving necessary software Airworthiness certification and other certifications for Army and NATO Army Avionics air MPC platforms
Writing software test scripts, performing and automating data acquisition, and developing appropriate test configurations. Configuration and maintenance of Linux user accounts and tools Implementation and automation of Test Procedures used to test applications. Capturing of formal Test Artifacts required for System and Software human rated software certifications.
Execution of Formal Qualification Tests (FQTs). Adhere to scheduled deliveries and function within a formal Agile Development Environment. Create and maintain Software Defect Reports in line with formal Software Testing activities. Update and maintain software repositories in a formally configured software system.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelors degree in a related field and 2+ years’ related experience
- Some experience working with multi-processor systems and real time operating systems and a fundamental understanding of real time programming constraints of data persistence, preemption, scheduling mechanisms, and shared memory constructs, cache memory, and interrupt processing.
- Understanding of CM processes to include working with Software Change systems, and software Configuration Management systems such as SVN, ClearCase, or GIT.
- Experience with Python, BASH, and DOS or other script and interpretive languages typically used to automate test execution and archive results.
- Experience with any real time data interface processing.
- Previous experience assessing the performance characteristics of applications in terms of memory usage and bandwidth, memory management units, DDR memory, memory controllers, input/output memory management and interference channel testing.
- Experience with C/C++ programming in both CLI and graphical IDE environments
- Fundamental understanding of Object Oriented design and programming.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work across geographically diverse groups.
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction working as an individual contributor as well as a team member.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability