This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 200535
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2020
Subcategory: Multimedia Design
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for a Graphic Designer, who will provide graphic design support to the Directorate for Organizational Policy and Decision Support (OP&DS) in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic initiatives/documents, senior leader decision making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reforms. This work will be performed on-site in the Pentagon.
The applicant must be an exceptional graphic designer. The candidate must be detail oriented and demonstrate strong time management skills and should be mature and customer focused and able to handle criticism of work. The applicant must demonstrate solid conceptual problem solving skills and can translate customer requirements into visually engaging, innovative solutions to include but not limited to branding, logos, publications, print, promotional materials, high level briefings, calendars, and posters. Must have knowledge in print production, printers, binding, and collation. The applicant should have strong knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Microsoft PowerPoint, and Word. Knowledge in SharePoint and other knowledge management and collaborative tools is desirable.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support graphic design with various governance forums including the Deputy’s Management Action Group (DMAG), National Defense Strategy – Implementation (NDS-I), and the Defense-Wide Review (DWR) among others.
• Assist with preparing briefing material for senior leadership.
• Develop overall layout and production design for various products by applying extensive knowledge of design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative products, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office).
• Ability to participate in meetings with customers, and colleagues to exchange information, partake in decisions, and provide updates.
• Ability to quickly demonstrate solid conceptual problem solving skills and translate customer requirements into high-end graphic depictions.
• Strong skills in the Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Develop products, to include infographics, briefings, signs, presentations, training materials, digital multimedia, templates, style guides, and branding elements.
• Managing and complying with a variety of customer style guides and keep graphics libraries up to date and current.
• Support efforts to improve graphic design, course usability, and other strategic communication efforts.
• Ability to create templates, graphics, and animation in PowerPoint. Ability to work in Adobe Acrobat to edit and tweak products for print.
• Proficient on PC.
• Can work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Detailed oriented.
Clearance Requirement: Current DoD Secret Clearance
• Mature and customer focused, able to handle criticism of work and work with high ranking customers.
• 3-5 years’ experience with graphic design and extensive knowledge of design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative products, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office).
• Candidates must be comfortable communicating clearly with senior officials and senior staff.
• Committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
• Background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including the use of MS SharePoint.
- Bachelor's (BA or BFA) degree in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- Must have solid portfolio for review.
· No travel anticipated
· Military Base access required (Pentagon)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability