The Electrical and Optical Systems Engineer in a highly technical position with focus on Lens/Optics who supports multiple project teams as both a contributor and a leader. In this position the engineer will review requirements to build a system and confirm during the build that the requirements are being met; mechanically and electrically. The engineer will also support the review and analysis of technical documentation such as specifications, interface documentation, and system link budgets. Test witnessing/verification and data review of communications hardware and systems is included as a function of the Electrical Engineer. The Engineer will demonstrate technical skills in telecommunications networks with a focus in fiber optic communications transport technologies and its applications. This position requires the engineer to interface with associate contractors, customers, and vendors as the project team’s technical representative. Technical report and white paper generation are also included as functions of this position. Regular CONUS travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Ability to design/setup/run tab tests.
- Current hands on lab experience.
- A strong understanding of standard telecom networks and protocols.
- An ability to review and understand technical telecom documentation such as hardware specifications, system interface control documentation, and system architecture requirements including power link budgets.
- An ability to provide a technical analysis of telecom hardware and system designs.
- Specialized experience in fiber optic communications.
- Demonstrated technical skills in telecommunications networks with a focus in fiber optic communications transport technologies and its applications.
- Must currently possess a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability