Job ID: 200881
Location: FORT BELVOIR, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 16, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Bus Proc Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for a Technical Writer-Editor to support a dynamic program in Fort Belvoir, VA. This position requires an active Secret Clearance.
They will work in the Front Office of the Research and Development Directorate (RD), Defense Threat Reduction Agency. The work performed directly supports the Directorate leadership, including the RD Director, RD Deputy Director, Chief Scientist, and RD staff.
The work is both important and highly visible, frequently high tempo, and has little tolerance for error.
The person in this position is responsible, together with other executive support staff, with managing, editing, providing quality control, and executing official correspondence and package coordination, including all supporting documents and attachments for DTRA RD.
In addition, this person will assist in preparation for the Deputy Director’s weekly Front Office Synchronization meeting, weekly A&AS team meetings, and periodic Directorate all-hands, other meetings, as necessary.
1) Review and edit documents and briefings, including recurring reports, to comply with standards, formats, and templates, and to ensure accurate content, appropriate tone, proper routing for concurrence and approval, and completeness of all supporting documentation. Staffing packages include, but are not limited to: tasker responses, award nominations, professional development nomination and request packages, and support agreements.
2) As the Directorate expert in these matters, provide guidance and instruction to members of the RD Staff and supporting contractors to help minimize rework due to improperly prepared correspondence and staffing packages. This requires extensive coordination with correspondence/package initiators and those involved in routing to streamline workflow and shorten processing timelines.
3) As the Directorate POC for package preparation and coordination, provide information about the package, including background, purpose, prior coordination, source of material and contents of attachments, to other DTRA offices involved in review and approval of RD staffing packages and to provide status updates and summary statistics regarding RD packages.
4) Participate in Directorate and Agency-level working groups and teams to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Agency staffing, including regulations and guidance, manuals, standards, templates, and processes.
5) Contribute to the strategic communications efforts of the customer by drafting and editing written products that consistently reflect the overarching messages the customer intends to deliver to recipients of the products. These messages should be woven into or reflected by the products identified above, or be delivered in written products specifically developed for this purpose. The incumbent will also participate in RD-directed strategic communication activities and working groups.
8) Assist in preparation and execution of periodic RD All Hands meetings.
9) Coordinate with RD Departments and other Agency Directorates as required.
10) Maintain rosters and other Directorate lists and organizational materials, provide planning and logistical support for Directorate activities, and other related duties as assigned.
11) Assist the Senior Technical Editor as necessary and fill in for Senior Technical Editor when absent; perform other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office application, especially MS Word.
Must have strong interpersonal and spoken/written communication skills.
Must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment, the ability to work under pressure, multi-task, complete work on tight timelines, and to prioritize efforts based upon multiple factors (process deadlines, emergent requirements, relative importance, etc.)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability