Provide support and related services to the implementation of enterprise data representations in various mission domains. The successful individual will perform end-to-end systems engineering for data flows from the perspective of data format modeling, implementation, and support. This position requires strong systems engineering expertise from cradle to grave with limited, high-level direction, in the areas of:
- Performing high-level requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise. Duties require a broad range of knowledge including information technology, requirements, technical architecture analysis (e.g., understanding data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, etc.), and an understanding of functional and system analysis.
- Coordinating across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), Spiral, etc.) simultaneously.
- Possessing an instinctive aptitude to leverage information and knowledge sharing networks and navigate conflict in a way that fosters constructive outcomes.
The selected candidate will demonstrate the aptitude to learn and grow in the following areas.
Integrating national and tactical data architectures into enterprise data representations (or formats) that can produce outputs to support multiple system architectures. This includes systems and data architecture and integration, data modeling, and data mapping in direct support of enterprise technology leadership.
- Maintaining awareness of commercial data standards and community data standardization activities.
- TechSIGINT to include the various disciplines (e.g., FISINT, ELINT, PROFORMA, etc.) and tools (e.g., GALE, FATE, WRANGLER, etc.).
- Corporate architecture and tools to include the Event Warehouse, Content Warehouse, PRESSUREWAVE, DataXplorer, GeoXplorer, and those in development such as FLEXIBLEFLYER.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 20 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 24 years of general systems engineering experience.
- Ability to assemble, lead, and manage high-performing teams through an adaptive leadership style.
- Experience working in a matrix management construct with responsibility for technical outcomes while team leads are responsible for management, especially assignment and accountability of resources, to support specific threads.
- Experience creating thread reviews respective of assigned threads that clearly display the assigned set of use cases, mission outcomes, and measures of success.
- Experience providing insight into the various organizations’ priorities and “care-abouts” regarding assigned threads and report back to Customer Leadership, particularly early on, and also provide reciprocal feedback from the Customer Leadership to the partner organizations. Collaboration with these partner organizations will require interaction with civilian, military, and contractor staff of various experience levels to achieve outcomes.
- Provide analysis across the enterprise on implementation strategies, engineering processes, identification of gaps and needs, and efficiencies/duplication avoidance.
- Support development, decision tracking, and cross-thread analysis; working with other thread leads to further develop thread concepts, configuration management, prioritization of processes, and document decisions.
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of the business knowledge and enterprise data standards to implement strategies that benefit the enterprise.
- Knowledge of systems engineering documentation end-to-end to include, but not limited to, DoDAF architecture products, CONOPS, ICD’s, capabilities documents, SEP’s, test plans, hardware & software design documentation, requirements specifications, design specifications, etc.
- Analysis of design and implementation alternatives, tradeoffs, and recommendations.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability