This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 200792
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 30, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
This project is located USPTO in Alexandria, VA., to assist the customer with updating legacy USPTO applications, software and hardware.
The System Administrator performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented. Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
· Perform routine and critical system
maintenance in a highly complex, interconnected, and high availability environment,
using the customer CM processes and tools where applicable
· Quickly triage, diagnose, and repair for hardware and software solutions to avoid system downtime and critical failures
· Improve critical system performance to fifteen in-scope systems, working in conjunction with the customer’s Systems Performance Branch and engineering teams
· Work across multiple Hardware, Operating System, Database and Platform types / versions within a Virtualized and Non-Virtualized infrastructure
· Bachelor’s degree and nine (9) years of experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of experience.
· Familiar with Open Source and COTS tools
· Working knowledge of Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, HP UX 11, Ansible, Shell Scripting, Backup Tools, System Images, or Kernel Performance Tuning
· Familiarity with Agile processes, DevOps and Scrum
· Extremely good troubleshooting skills
· Knowledge of USPTO internal processes is desirable
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability