The Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) is responsible for developing and implementing security policies and procedures in coordination with government agencies and SAIC Security leadership. Coordinates and monitors sensitive aspects of government agencies' industrial security programs, ensuring compliance with government and company security policies and procedures.
· Develops, implements, and monitors SCI/special security policies and procedures; ensures compliance with all aspects of the security program.
· Protects classified government information and manages TS/SCI personnel security clearance and processes. Conducts initial and on-going security training and education briefings.
· Conducts SCIF self-inspections and is the primary POC during SCI-Security compliance audits/inspections.
· Administers routine aspects of industrial security programs and supports SCI and Special Access Programs in compliance with the NISPOM, JAFAN, DoDM 5205.07, DCID, ICD's and other applicable government security directives associated with SCI and special security programs.
· Establishes and maintains a working relationship with all government agencies while building/managing SCIFs/SAPFs as well as processing necessary clearance paperwork for employees, candidates, and consultants.
· Uses JPAS and other databases to track and maintain clearances.
· Maintains SCIF visitor control functions.
· Develops and administers new employee security briefings, exit interviews, and debriefings.
· Works closely with the Facility Security Officer (FSO) to investigate and report security violations, and incident reports.
· Maintains a working relationship with each contract's security office for processing and maintaining employee clearances/accesses.
· Provides follow-up clearance status on processed clearance to manager for specific contracts.
· Prepares written reports of surveys and inspections.
· Maintains all security documentation and files in accordance with government requirements.
· Prepares necessary paperwork in support of federal government investigations or annual visits and meets with federal government representatives upon request.
· Where applicable works closely with the ISSM concerning accreditation and reaccreditation of classified IS Systems to include user access, auditing, configuration management, documentation, and training in accordance with USG policies and regulations.
· Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
· Must have current/active TS/SCI clearance
· Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience
· Must possess exceptional organizational skills, effectively manages multiple tasks and priorities with minimal supervision
· Must have expert skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) and Outlook (email, calendars)
· Must be responsive to deadlines and completeness in accomplishing assignments
· Must have experience with Intelligence Community organizations (previous CSSO, CPSO or PSO experience a plus)
· Must be a skillful communicator
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability