TEAM SAIC is looking for a highly qualified Network Security Specialist in a fast paced - high reward environment!
Primary mission is to maintain GSA Network Security infrastructure. Engineer is expected to research, test and implement security risk plans and mitigate vulnerabilities across all network devices. May design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis. May evaluate new technology.
Duties may include:
- Providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
Qualifications Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more of IT experience, specializing in Network Security; Masters and three (3) years or more of IT experience, specializing in Network Security; May accept 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience working in a large Enterprise IT infrastructure and services.
- Experience in some of the following: Cisco routing and switching, Cisco Nexus/Catalyst management, Juniper routers and switches, SolarWinds.
- Experience supporting government customers in secure environments, familiarity of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines.
- Experience with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Experience with Operations support within an ITIL Service Operations management framework, including use of ServiceNow or Remedy service management tools.
- Experience operating within a high availability IT environment, including COOP, contingency plans and IT playbook validation and support.
- Basic knowledge network monitoring tools such as HP NNMi/OpenView, SolarWinds Orion, Cisco Prime/CiscoWorks Oracle Enterprise Management, Nagios, or other similar monitoring tools.
- Candidate must possess a US “Public Trust” clearance, Secret (or higher) clearance, or be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability