SAIC is seeking an Informatics Lead Systems Engineer to join the National Security Customer Group (NSCG) in our Chantilly, VA office. NSCG provides specialized engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the generation after next of national security-related systems based in space, in the air and on the ground.
NSCG has an opening for an intelligence professional with acquisition training and scientific skills honed in an R&D environment to work closely with a team of engineers and other experts developing and implementing new algorithms and technical solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide systems engineering and technical advisory services to an organization supporting the research and development of automated target recognition (ATR).
- Assist in the organization and facilitation of all aspects of daily operation for this organization.
- Conducts technical evaluation of developer/vendor proposals, develops and monitors technical milestones, and executes funding documents.
- Negotiates FFO funding, drafts IAAs and coordinates the IAAs with customer management and other agencies. Reviews Sentient products for quality and provides direction and guidance for improvement to vendors.
- Initiates innovative CONOPS and technical capabilities to solve military and IC hard problems while maintaining current knowledge of what the emerging hard problems are.
- Research and understand key technology areas and be able to advise customers on courses of action.
- Recognize national security issues and provide timely decision support data to customers.
- Plan, participate in and facilitate community forums in the key areas stated above.
-Coordinate planning efforts among senior management and support personnel, contracts and finance staff.
-Provide support to acquisition, source selection and programmatic processes.
-Coordinate and facilitate technical exchange meetings.
-Prepare guidance on schedules and milestones.
-Write briefings, point papers, and community content to communicate plans and goals of the organization.
-Prepare and update statements of work (SOW).
-Work with other research and development organizations to promote technology and transition projects.
- 15+ years relevant community experience
- 10 years experience as a developer, SETA contractor, or U.S. Government manager of automated target recognition systems or informatics R&D.
- DoD acquisition experience and training
- GEOINT training or experience
- 5 years experience as a SETA contractor or government employee supervisor of a SETA contractor in the IC.
- Masters degree in science or engineering or equivalent experience.
- Imagery interpretation training and certification.
- Experience developing CONOPS for military operational support.
- Excellent briefing skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with imagery exploitation tools.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability