Job ID: 200662
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2020
Category: Business Development
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC’s Proposal Development Center is seeking a Senior Proposal Coordinator to support proposal development/submission activities. The position has the opportunity for remote work, and will report directly to the Proposal Coordination Manager. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with his/her assigned proposal team and other Center team members to provide coordination support on a full range of proposals.
Description of Duties:
• Assists proposal managers in providing day-to-day supervision of the proposal process as they plan and build high quality, winning responses to requests for proposals and Government solicitations.
• Assist proposal managers in maintaining the proposal schedule, configuration control of proposal files, planning/control documents, and baseline outlines in accordance with the RFP and the proposal review process.
• Works collaboratively with a wide range of personnel, including book bosses, technical and business subject matter experts, authors, capture managers, contracts managers, and production staff to facilitate efficient and effective proposal development.
• Supports proposal manager with proposal collaboration tool, user access, artifact population, and backup.
• Serves as the interface between the proposal team and production staff, and provides guidance and status reports to the proposal manager on production matters.
• Identifies and proactively helps resolve major writing and production problems.
• Facilitates desktop publishing, graphics, editing and reproduction activities through the proposal life-cycle.
• Works closely with proposal manager and color review lead to support reviews with management and internal subject matter experts, to include setting up reviews, sending review invites/notices, preparing review materials, and merging review comments.
• Assists the proposal manager in reviewing proposal artifacts for compliance and responsiveness against solicitation requirements.
• Serves as back up to the proposal manager in cases where he/she is not available to host stand-up calls or answer questions.
• Minimum of high school degree and 8 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in a defined proposal-related role.
• Demonstrated experience assisting in the preparation/maintenance of proposal management artifacts (e.g., outline, compliance matrix, schedule, and proposal cross-reference matrix).
• Experience mentoring junior personnel and new hires on coordination roles and responsibilities
• Excellent interpersonal/communication (written and oral) skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to productively collaborate with a wide range of personality types while meeting assignment demands.
• Experience supporting local and virtual team members across various geographical locations
• Demonstrated experience/ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
• Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent computer skills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word, and Adobe Professional.
• Experience or familiarity with Virtual Proposal Center (VPC).
• Experience or familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and Indesign.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability