SAIC is seeking a messaging and collaboration Systems Deployment Engineer to support a large federal government agency. This position will perform on-site, at a secure government location, Monday – Friday normal business hours and includes off-hour, weekend and holiday on-call support.
Description of Duties:
- Validate proposed system designs; test proposed implementations; deploy new technologies; support standardization of baselines; transfer systems to operations; and act as a Tier III escalation point of contact as it relates to messaging and collaboration systems.
- Develop, document, coordinate, implement and monitor systems changes.
- Resolve and document ticket escalations received from system administrators.
- Understand requirements for systems compliance and participate in accreditation activities.
- Create and maintain all technical documentation build guides, technical drawings, test plans as required, and documentation related to the transfer to operations.
- Create scripts to automate processes for Level 1 and Level 2 support.
- Implement and test both high availability and disaster recovery mechanisms for email, instant messaging/other systems.
- Perform root cause analysis and support problem management process.
- Provide rotating on call engineering coverage, supporting escalations from operations.
Bachelors and 9+ years of experience; or equivalent experience without a degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Skype for Business.
- Experience with Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Experience with VMWare technologies.
- Experience with Avamar, CommVault and other storage technologies.
- Experience with Remedy ticketing system as a user.
- Strong commitment to work by consistently reporting on time as scheduled and responding to all escalations while on call.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills to escalate problems encountered.
- Possess ability to perform complex troubleshooting, performance optimization, and related systems documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement solutions to identified risks, deficiencies, and errors while maintaining service availability to end user.
- Ability to complete work assignments within established time frames.
- Knowledge of change control and configuration management processes.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), or equivalent
- CompTIA Network+, Security+
- ITIL Foundations
- Familiarity with Remedy ticketing management system
Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability