Systems Administrator - M&S/C4I Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 200640
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 25, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for a computer systems administrator with military experience (preferably Navy background) to provide technical support for Navy war games and other training exercises. Specific command and control and computer systems supported include Theater Battle Management Core Systems (TBMCS), and Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS), as well as Windows and MS systems.
- Provide technical assistance to military staff and Contractor War Gaming Staff for Secret internet (SIPR) and C4I Systems account logins, account creation and troubleshooting of Virtual Machines.
- Upgrade C4I systems, including security patches as directed by senior technicians.
- Manage the setup, operation and monitoring of internal communication systems and communications plan prior to and during war gaming events.
- Assist with inventory of current assets and DRMO of outdated equipment, safeguarding systems in accordance with prescribed classification level.
- Provide direct support for JADOCS and JASC classroom facilitators, to include verifying successful login and network connectivity of each client prior to the start of courses of instruction. Candidate will also be on call during normal classroom hours to provide technical assistance for issues that may arise while the courses are in session.
This position is contingent upon project award.
- Five years experience with military C4I systems’ operational and technical integration and system administration. Candidate must have the ability to recognize and troubleshoot C4I system problems to assure continued execution of war gaming events.
- Experience in Windows system administration. Knowledge of managing clients in a virtual operating system environment, creating and managing accounts and interactive troubleshooting with users.
- Three years experience implementing required system upgrades, configuration changes and security patches while maintaining system functionality.
- Required IT certifications: Microsoft Technology Associate- IT Infrastructure (MTA-IT) Windows Operating System and Windows Server Administration and CompTIA Security+ (or equivalent certifications). Security+ must be current, and candidate must be able to achieve other required certifications within 6 months.
- Must have a minimum of an Interim Secret security clearance.
- US Navy experience in shipboard C4I system
- Experience with M&S systems integration
with C4I systems.
- Microsoft Windows 10
Enterprise Desktop Support Technician.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability