The SAIC NICS Audio/Video (A/V) Conferencing Team supports the NASA CP (Communications Program) in the designing, costing, scheduling, installing, configuring/coding, upgrading, maintaining, and support of video and voice teleconferencing systems Agency-wide. The Team specializes in large Full-Service, Software (S/W) controlled video conferencing rooms, Multi-Media systems, and custom solutions. The Team establishes and manages legacy, as well as new and emerging system control and desktop requirements.
The acceptable candidate will have a solid background in system software engineering and implementation, preferably with a minimum of two (2) years in the A/V industry, and be familiar to proficient in AMX software and control systems.
The acceptable candidate will (after training and specific certifications) be able to perform, but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Control system customization, implementation, and integration
- Hands-on ability to install, test, troubleshoot and certify the installation
- As required, serve as onsite Project Engineer, capable of directing an installation team
- Testing and validating new technology as it pertains to the Service
- Providing technical support and resolving problems
- Reading and interpreting schematics and installation drawings
- Be familiar to proficient in Certification Test Plans
- Be familiar with the generation of staging, test and staging and implementation plans
- Be familiar to proficient in comprehending drawing programs and designs (VISIO, CAD)
- Proficient in computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar to proficient in NetLinx Studio, TPDesign and device networking
- Willing to accept 30 – 40% travel as related to project schedules
- Enthusiasm in self development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills geared towards Customer satisfaction
- Work independently (self-starter) but also is productive in a team environment
- Serve as team representative when interacting with Teams and Customers
- Comfortable to proficient in a training situation with one, or a group of system Users
- Providing tailored training and demo sessions for the system users and customers
- Multi-tasking in a dynamic environment
- The capacity to comprehend Virtual Reality drawings with the ability to transition
- Beneficial Knowledge:AMX
- RMS Software Specialist
- ClearOne Product Specialist
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 0 years related experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability