SAIC has a rewarding position supporting the NASA Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering Contract (SMAEC II) at the Johnson Space Center in Houston helping to continue our exploration of space. Come join our team and help us continue the mission of space exploration. The Gateway Program will provides NASA a foothold around the moon providing access to the lunar surface and missions to Mars. The Gateway Systems Engineering Engineer responsibilities include perform system safety and reliability evaluations of proposed Gateway missions prior to on-orbit operations.
- Assure that software safety design and operations specifications and products meet Safety & Mission Assurance (SMA) software safety requirements.
- Assess the software development, test, verification, and change products and identify problems and noncompliance.
- Ensure compliance with Computer Based Controls System Safety Requirements (SSP 50038B), ISS System Specifications (SSP 41000) and ISS Safety Requirements Document (50021) and applicable NASA standards (7150, 8719, 8739).
- Prepare reports, present findings of assessments and evaluations, and provide recommendations to the NASA SMA Software Team Manager.
- Participate in Safety Panel Reviews
- Participate in on-orbit anomaly assessment process and evaluate safety compliance of proposed on-orbit software modifications.
- Participate in, and represent software SMA assurance, as appropriate and as required in working groups, panels and boards in order to perform the above described tasks.
- Work with customers - NASA, Space Station contractors, and International Partners.
- Ability to read and write Hazard Reports.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Software, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- 15+ plus years of experience in operations and/or engineering.
- Basic knowledge and use of personal computer with typical business software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory.
- Must be able to travel (minimal) and work shifts periodically.
- Software Engineering experience is desired. Spacecraft vehicle and system knowledge is desired.
- NASA SMA experience is desired. Spacecraft vehicle and system knowledge is desired.
- Hazard report writing is required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability