Job ID: 200543
Location: HANSCOM AFB, MA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 23, 2020
Subcategory: Cyber Sec Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
The Cyber Security Assessment Support (CSAS) Cyber Security Analyst position provides in-depth understanding of specific cyber systems and issues. As part of a cross-functional team of cyber security professionals, the Cyber Security Analyst position understands the challenges associated with providing cyber security assessment support, especially when the assessments are conducted during the acquisition life cycle for Command and Control, Agile Combat, and business and enterprise systems or sustainment of legacy systems. The Cyber Security Analyst provides cyber security support specializing in Security processes, Risk Management Framework, Risk Assessment, tools, and controls.
Cyber Security Analyst:
• Provides in-depth understanding of specific cyber systems and issues within the Command and Control, Agile Combat, and business and enterprise systems portfolios.
• Reviews and recommends Scientific Technical Information (STI) for approval.
• Provide assessment and authorization recommendation (A&A) support to programs of record during the acquisition lifecycle as well as sustainment of legacy systems and software within the assigned mission area including Rapid Cyber Acquisition (RCA), platform Information Technology (IT) systems/components, and Research and Development Test and Evaluation (RDT&E).
• Perform cyber security testing of security requirements and controls that both verify and validate that the countermeasure and mitigation are suitable security controls for the system/software.
• Ability to complete Risk Assessment Report, analyze residual risk for programs of record, and brief senior government executives
• Perform continuous monitoring on program of record by arranging quarterly Plan of Action and Milestone (POAM) review.
• Coordinating weekly meeting with program of record personnel to track progress on Authority to Operate (ATO) submission by communicating what artifacts are needed to complete process.
• Mentoring and providing guidance to junior assessors on the A&A procedures.
• Developing or improving standard operating procedures for the validation of security controls.
• Providing subject matter expertise on the Risk Management Framework process.
• B.S. and 14 yrs of experience; Masters and 12 yrs or PhD and 9 yrs experience required
• 14+ years’ experience with cyber vulnerability assessments techniques and procedures.
• Department of Defense Directive 8140 IAT Level III required.
• In-depth understanding of cyber security processes, procedures, and controls.
• Excellent problem-solving skill.
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
• Knowledge and proficiency in using the Adobe Acrobat and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
• Knowledge of MS Outlook.
• Requires an active Secret clearance.
• M.S. or PhD preferred.
• Top Secret Security Clearance.
• Familiarity with the Air Force Life Cycle Management’s cyber security assessment support program is a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability