SAIC has an opening for a ServiceNow Engineer located in Springfield, VA
The ServiceNow Engineer will need to develop the design for the deployment ServiceNow Discovery and integrate the Discovery output into an Enterprise CMDB (in ServiceNow). The engineer will facilitate and support the rollout of ServiceNow mid servers across a world-wide network. The network is geographically dispersed with support staff at locations remote and in DC. The engineer will perform testing, documentation, user training (for staff to maintain the applications after deployment) and implementation. The engineer must be able to configure ServiceNow applications to meet customer requirements and enhancement requests to support the global deployment of Discovery and integration with the ServiceNow CMDB. The engineer will follow change management process and will develop design documentation for all deployments. The engineer will comply with ServiceNow best practices and maintain system compliance. If necessary the engineer can provide rotational off-hour support as required to address production issues.
- Develop design documentation for an enterprise deployment of Discovery
- Deploy test infrastructure in the customer’s test environment
- Perform a Transition to Operations for all systems developed that includes training and design documentation
- Assist with the implementation of Discovery
- Assist in the integration of Discovery with ServiceNow CMDB
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues causing mid servers to be unable to pass data back on all local systems
- Assist with providing granular reporting at the individual customer organization level as well as custom and ad hoc reporting to support customers as they request information.
- Assist with setting up a single repository of all Contractor deliverables, reports, and other relevant documentation for access by the customer.
- Perform day to day support, administration and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform until transitioned
- Work directly with end users to resolve support issues within ServiceNow
- Monitor health, usage, and overall compliance of ServiceNow
- Develop systems integrations and process automation
- Perform installation and testing of ServiceNow updates and new releases
- Develop clear and concise technical and process documentation
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 12+ years or more experience; Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- ITIL Foundations
- Certification in ITOM Administrator Cert
- Certification in ITOM Implementer: Discovery/Event Management
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability